Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An Unlikely Place for Redwoods

When you think of Redwoods trees, I bet you automatically think of California. I bet if I told you there is a Redwood forest in Maui, you would tell me to stop smoking all that Maui Wowie.

Now, I've been to Maui a number of times it was only on my last day in Maui in August of 2012 that I found out about the Redwood forest. I didn't have enough time to go, but the next time I'm in Maui it will be one of my first stops.

I've heard that the trails are almost never packed here, so you essentially have the forest to yourself. This is not a tourist destination but a local destination. If you choose to visit, make sure you have a 4x4 vehicle because the roads can easily become impassible. Remember you will be ascending so the temperature will be significantly cooler than it is at the coast, so make sure to bring a sweatshirt.

I don't have much personal information about this place and all I can tell you is what I've been told. I'm simply writing this post because I don't want any one to miss out on Redwood forest like I did.

For information about Maui's Redwood forest, click here

The Redwood forest is often covered in fog giving it a mystical appearance. 


Trail Map of Poli Poli State Park


MAHALO!

No comments:

Post a Comment