Even though Delaware is not one of the most popular or well known states, I still found something interesting to write about. I had no idea that the Dogfish Head Brewery was located in Delaware and I bet you didn't either!
Dogfish Head is Delaware's first brewpub and it was one of the smallest commercial breweries in America. It only took a few years before the word spread and Dogfish Head had to expand. They now operate out of a 100,000 square foot production brewery in Milton, Delaware and they also opened Rehoboth Beach Brewpub & Distillery.
- Tours are free but they do recommend you make reservations because each tour is limited in size and they fill up quickly!
- 4 samples are given at the end of each tour.
- The Tasting Room is open Tuesday-Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm
More info on the tours can be found HERE
***This location is under renovation so the tour may be slightly different then what it usually is. Tours should return to normal sometime in June***
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
6 Cannery Village Center
Milton, DE 19968
Rehoboth Beach Brewpub & Distillery:
- Happy Hour is from 3-6 pm every weekday.
- Every Monday and Friday they have the Randall filter set up. Info on what the hell a Randall Filter is click HERE
- Every Friday and Saturday there is free live music.
- Also is an amazing restaurant and the menu can be found HERE
More info on the Rehoboth Beach Brewpub & Distillery click HERE
320 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.......
Yeah that's right, Dogfish Head offers more than just great beers.....they also make spirits!! Dogfish Head also makes its own hand-distilled spirits, including rum, vodka and gin (Jin).
So, if you ever find yourself in Delaware (for whatever reason) or driving through it, stop at the Dogfish Head Brewery and try some of their unique tasting beer and spirits!