- Southernmost district
- Features Valentine Lake and Fullerton Lake.
- The Wild Azalea National Recreation Trail, Ouiski Chito Creek Trail, and the Indian Ridge Trail are just some of the trails found in this district.
- The remains of Camp Claiborne can be found here.
- Located northeast of Shreveport.
- Great place for boating in the many lakes.
CATAHOULA RANGER DISTRICT:
- Great area for hiking and biking.
- Remains of Camp Livingston can be found here.
- There is a hummingbird and butterfly garden.
KISATCHIE RANGER DISTRICT:
- Longleaf Trail National Byway.
- Several horse trails.
- Sandstone Bluffs can be found here.
WINN RANGER DISTRACT:
- Popular spot for hunting.
- Cloud Crossing Recreation Complex is an ideal spot for canoeing and boating.
What's so special about Kisatchie National Forest? Well, for starters it is protects a wide array of plant species including carnivorous plants and wild orchids like the Pink Pogonia Orchid. It also protects rare animals like the Louisiana Pine Snake, the Red-cockaded Woodpecker, the Louisiana Black Bear and the Louisiana Pearlshell Mussel.
Some Things To Do:
- Bicycling - There are several different trails for mountain biking and for road cycling. More info HERE
- Fishing - There are over 10 lakes and ponds to fish in. More info HERE
- Hiking - Over 100 miles of trails Info on trails HERE
- Horse back riding
- Hunting - The forest allows big game and small game hunting. More info HERE